Monday, October 24, 2011

Worm Soup

Mondays and Tuesdays are great because I can walk home to share lunch with my family and friends.  It's usually already prepared by Ibu Duah or hubby when I get there. 

At lunch today, I ate the yummiest yellow lentil soup.  It was full of tomatoes, red peppers, sage and basil floating among brothy lentils over rice.  I devoured it spoonful after spoonful.  Sometimes, it pays to look at one's food and eat with reverence instead of intense hunger after a full morning of mothering and clinic hours!  The next spoonful contained a grubby worm with lots of legs and a translucent green white body.  All I could do was stare and share the vision with my family and friends.  E blurted out, "We need to wash our basil better!" or something like that.  I am so thankful it did not make it into my belly and I hopeful none of it's cousins have either. 

No comments: